What is AVID?
- For students who have the potential for honors, advanced, and AP work in school and need support to be successful
- For students who are under-represented or first-generation college students
- Provides support that includes the student’s own individual determination with a supportive community atmosphere
- Students must maintain 2.0 (C average) or higher GPA throughout the school year
What AVID is NOT
- For students who don't do any of their homework
- For the consistently “D’ or “F” student
- For unmotivated students
- A study hall class
Things to Consider
- Students are expected to be hard workers, have a positive attitude, and work with others.
- Students in the AVID elective class have potential, but may also have special circumstances that could be obstacles to achievement.
- Students will be exposed to study skills, test preparation, time management, and the writing process.
- Students must have regular attendance in school.
- Really, AVID is for all students, and our AVID elective class is for a group of students who could benefit and be more successful with a little bit of help during the school day.
We'd love for you to pick up an application and apply for the AVID elective!
- See Ms. Ashburn in A117 or Ms. Ricketts in C209 for any questions